Holiday Gift Guide: Hostess Gift Ideas
Looking for a creative gift to bring to your next holiday get together? We have a lovely display of hostess gift ideas for the party planner, from housewarming smudge sticks to vegan candles. See below for our Holiday Gift Guide: Hostess Gift Ideas for some of our favorite items that make excellent presents for the herbalist or nature lover in your life. And, happy holiday partying to you!
1. Copper Garden Labels; Terrain: $18.00 || Mark flowers, vegetables, and fruit with this set of metallic garden labels. Each galvanized steel wire stake is wrapped in a sheet of copper for marking beds again and again. Set of ten, includes washable pen. || http://www.shopterrain.com/garden-planting-labels/copper-garden-labels
2. PALM TAPERS in Melon; Aloha Bay: $6.50 || Distinguish your home naturally with the crystalline beauty of Palm Wax™. Pure Vegetable Palm Wax. When you purchase an Eco Palm Wax candle from Aloha Bay know that you are buying the most eco-friendly candle on the planet. Here’s why: Eco Palm Wax is a steam distilled essential oil that has therapeutic benefits just like our other naturally occurring essential oil scents; Aloha Bay candle colors are 100% REACH compliant; Aloha Bay display fixtures are made from Rainforest Alliance certified SmartWood and our packaging uses 100% consumer recycled cardboard; and Eco Palm Wax candles are vegan without beeswax, paraffin, or synthetic petrochemical additives. || http://www.alohabay.com/products/candles/tapers/tapers.html
3. MINI SMUDGE STICKS BY JUNIPER RIDGE: $12.30 || The perfect little housewarming gift. The most natural form of incense, made with wild plant trimmings and… nothing else. Light the tip then blow out the flame and allow the plants to smoulder. Extinguish with sand or water. Plants sourced in the mountains and deserts of the western USA. || http://www.luvocracy.com/justinablakeney/recommendations/mini-smudge-sticks-by-juniper-ridge
4. Rifle Spoon Recipe Cards; Paper Source: $13.95 || Pack of 12. Scoop up these recipe cards for a fun and fresh way to log your best dishes. Each card features the wonderful designs of Rifle Paper Co. Size – 4″ x 6″ || http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/item/Rifle-Spoon-Recipe-Cards/3305_001/569107.html
5. Set of Four Raspberry Recycled Hemp & Organic Cotton Napkins; TinaProduce: $25.00 || Set of four hand screen printed napkins on 100% recycled fabric with original raspberry basket design. These napkins are made with 100% recycled fabric; 55% hemp and 45% organic cotton. They measure approximately 13″x13″ and are machine washable. High quality water based ink stands up to the typical wear and tear of your household. || http://www.etsy.com/shop/tinaproduce?ref=seller_info_count
6. Forest Floor Ornament by Flora Grubb Gardens: $25, set of four $74 ||Our handcrafted Forest Floor Ornaments will add sparkle on your holiday tree. Each glass vessel contains a tillandsia along with moss, lichen and other forest trimmings. Even dried, the tillandsia air plant remains a fascinating natural element in the Forest Floor Ornament year to year. || http://shop.floragrubb.com/forest-floor-ornament/
7. WOOD TRENCHER PLATE SET; West Elm: $44.00 || Medieval times. This plate set is made from reclaimed oak and finished in olive oil. A nod to the Middle Ages, its design is ideal for sandwiches; a small trench holds salt, sauce or garnishes. You can also use one to serve cheese, charcuterie and olives—or flip to become a cutting board. || http://www.westelm.com/products/mrk-wood-trencher-plate-set-d736/?pkey=ccutlery-cutting-boards&cm_src=cutlery-cutting-boards||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_–_-
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up for email updates (it’s free).
The Herbal Academy of New England is an herbal school in Boston, an educational resource center offering herbal classes, workshops, clinics and weight loss counseling. We offer both online courses and on-site classes in Bedford and Woburn, MA. Our classes range from online herbalist apprenticeships to Boston area herb classes, including medicine making workshops, immune enhancing herbs courses, nutrition courses, and many more.