Holiday Gift Guide: Natural Gifts for Kids
We are wrapping up our Holiday Gift Guide Marathon with natural gifts for kids, a whimsical selection of outdoor and play things for the little ones, infants to elementary. This year, forget the electronics and find a gift that challenges the imagination. From handcrafted masks and kitchen play sets to small herbal gardens and gardening tools, these natural gifts for kids will create an experience of adventure far beyond the “tube.”
1. Little Lark Teething Toy wooden toy teether; littlealouette: $14.00 || MODERN ORGANIC BABY PLAY. This Little Alouette Teething Toy is handmade with love in Ohio. Our toys are made of locally sourced hardwoods and, if not left unfinished, are finished only with certified organic flax seed oil. Each product is made by hand. Our workshop usually contains cups of tea, laughing children, and disco music, so each product will come to you infused with love and bliss! || http://www.littlealouette.com/teething-toys/little-lark-teething-toy-wooden-natural-infant-baby-organic
2. Design Your Own Bird’s House; Sprout Home:$34.00 || Included in this adorable kit is a wooden paint brush, 3 tubes of color. Try painting it up for a Spring or Summer project or even keep it indoors instead of a piggy bank. They look great sitting on a window sill or out in the garden giving homes to small birds of flight. || http://www.sprouthome.com/shop/at-home/design-your-own-birds-house/
3. Postcarden: A Mini Living Backyard Garden; B5+10: $12.95 || Designed to be a gift and greeting card, Postcarden is an easy to grow mini-garden for any desktop, windowsill or sideboard. Whether you mailed it or gift it, simply open and pop-up Postcarden’s 3D scene, add the enclosed cress seeds and water. In a matter of days PostCarden will start to grow, lasting for two to three weeks. Made in Wales from beautiful coated card stock, Postcarden comes in three handsome designs — escape to the sanctuary of your Backyard Garden; experience the grandeur of a Botanical garden; or brighten up a drab City landscape. Each Postcarden’s cover features commissioned illustration by a young artist which echos the design’s theme. Enjoyable for all ages. || http://www.brooklyn5and10.com/Postcarden-A-Mini-Living-Backyard-Garden-p/sd01.htm
4. OWL MASK; oeuf nyc: $44.00 || This adorable owl mask is amazingly detailed and brushed for extra softness. Featured in Marie Claire Enfants, this piece is an asset to any childs dress-up collection. || http://www.oeufnyc.com/owlmask.aspx#section=description
5. ARISTO KATT PILLOW; Ferm Living Shop: $49.95 ||Along with the talented Norwegian design duo Darling Clementine, Ferm Living has created these adorable cushions. We call the collection of four designs, “The Marionette Collection.” Size: 12″ x 12″. Material: 100% organic cotton || http://www.fermlivingshop.com/collections/kids-pillows/products/aristo-katt-pillow
6. Recycle Organic Cotton Soft Soled Baby Shoes 6-12 mo; Kayas kloset: $24.00 || These shoes are made of unbleached organic cotton material with reclaimed corduroy soles. They are stitched with organic cotton thread and have new elastic around the ankle. They are hand painted with non-toxic, water-based, pigment ink from original artwork by Boston area artist Miranda Greenhalgh. || http://www.etsy.com/listing/31386783/recycle-organic-cotton-soft-soled-baby
7. Little sister mouse in matchbox; Little Bean Shop: $29.00 || From Danish toymaker Maileg. A Matchbox with a little precious cotton girl mouse, a knitted blanket, striped mattress and patterned fabric pillow. Matchbox measures about 4.5″ || http://littlebeanshop.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=223
8. Tea-And-Crumpets Kid’s Apron; Anthropologie: $24.00 || Available in Turquoise and Orche. DETAILS: Front pocket, Cotton, Machine wash, 23″L, 22″W, 16″ ties. || http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=18321893&navAction=jump&navCount=
9. Glueckskaefer Wooden Stove-Sink Small; Hazelnut Kids: $166.00 || Glueckskaefer makes darling play kitchen products for little hands! This beautiful wooden stove and sink unit will keep little ones occupied while you’re in the kitchen. They can pretend to cook dinner just like you! It has interchangeable stainless steel sinks and wooden stove burners. It also has 5 wooden hooks to hang utensils on. It’s a great starter kitchen for toddlers. What culinary creation will your little one make today?! || http://www.hazelnutkids.com/item/GL22016/Glueckskaefer-Wooden-Stove-Sink-Small/1.html
10. Children’s Garden Rake; Grow Organic: $6.99 || Want to encourage younger friends and family to get outside and into the garden? What better way than to provide them with all the tools they’ll need from our kid-sized selection. Constructed to last, all tools are made with wood handles and powder-coated metal. || http://www.groworganic.com/children-s-garden-rake.html
Thanks for checking in on our Holiday Gift Guide: Natural Gifts for Kids. If you haven’t already, be sure to look over the gift guides for Him, Her, and Hostess as well! May you have a very merry holiday season from all of us at the Herbal Academy of New England!
Did you enjoy this article? Sign up for email updates (it’s free).
The Herbal Academy of New England is an herbal school in Boston, an educational resource center offering herbal classes, workshops, clinics and weight loss counseling. We offer both online courses and on-site classes in Bedford and Woburn, MA. Our classes range from online herbalist apprenticeships to Boston area herb classes, including medicine making workshops, immune enhancing herbs courses, nutrition courses, and many more.